The requirement for four and five star in-calf or maiden heifers aligns to the aims of the Beef Data and Genomics Programme (BDGP) and the incoming Suckler Carbon Efficiency Programme (SCBP) in the next CAP to increase the number of these heifers in the suckler herd. Four and five star animals in the suckler herd can bring greater milk as well as overall efficiency to beef animals.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition will be run at every show that has cattle classes.
2. This competition is open to all Traditional Genotype 4* or 5* heifers, suitable to make a Suckler Cow.
3. Heifers may be in-calf or maiden. All heifers must be between 12 months and 24 months of age on the date of the show.
4. Each heifer can attend up to five shows. If a heifer enters more than five shows, she will automatically be disqualified.
4. All heifers must be haltered trained and led by a competent adult.
5. The foregoing rules should be read in conjunction with ISA General Rules.
No entries permitted on day of event.